Review: Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks

Wednesday 10 April 2013

First makeup post! So today I will be doing a review on the new (well, new to Australia) Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks. They're called "Vivids" because of their amazing colour selection, ranging from bright, barbie, pastel pinks to neon oranges to vibrant plums. I'm sure that most of you have seen these at your local Priceline, Target, Big W, etc. I recently picked mine up from Chemist Warehouse for the best bargain ever!

These "Vivid" lipsticks are originally $16.95 but I got them for $8 which is great. I picked up "Shocking Coral", "Hot Plum" and "Vivid Rose"; the first moment I swatched them, I fell in love! They are so pigmented yet moisturizing at the same time. I wouldn't say that they have a most amazing staying power ever, but for the price I got them at, it does the job.



I'm thinking about grabbing some other colours such as "Neon Red", "Fuchsia Flash" or "Vibrant Mandarin" but I don't know, I think they're super bold colours, especially the Orange one so I might not get that, but I'll see! (They're so beautiful though) I really like the packaging too, it's easy to open and doesn't damage the actual lipstick, unlike the Revlon Lip Butters.


 From left to right: Shocking Coral, Hot Plum and Vivid Rose. I've only worn the Vivid Rose Lipstick out but I'm so keen to wear the other two out soon! In my opinion, for $16.95 they might not be worth it cause you can find a dupe from another brand that might be lower in price. But for $8 at Chemist Warehouse, GET ON IT GIRL!

Overall grade - A

Until next time, xx
Nina Ngo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts