Haul: Rimmel, Sukin, Nivea and Covergirl

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Welcome back to Haus of Makeup!
I did a little bit of shopping today with my friend, Nhi Archibald (check out her blog!) and picked up a few things through .. impulse haha. They're definitely not things I need right now but it's good to have back-up of things, especially if the product is on sale. True?!

Left to right: Nivea Lip Butter (Unscented), Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner, Covergirl Clump Crusher and Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.

I'm sure everyone has heard/seen the new Nivea Lip Butters in their local stores, whether it's in Target, Big W or Priceline. My friend bought the "Vanilla and Macadamia" and "Caramel Cream" for me not too long ago and I am absolutely crazy about these. They are AS good as the Nivea "Pure and Natural" Collection (I love them) in my opinion. They make my lips feel so hydrated and moist, how can I tell? Well, because I apply it the night before and when I wake up in to the morning, it's still there. I love products like this because it's worth the price. Since I have the other two scents already, I might as well pick up this one as well. Definitely a winner!


I have never tried any Sukin products before so I was really excited to buy this, especially from the good reviews I've heard about their other products. It's described as an ".. alcoholic free, skin hydrating mist [which] combines chamomile and rosewater to help soothe, tone and cool tired skin." I just recently purchased this and have been using it for about a week or so now and I feel like it wakes up my skin each time I use it. I'm definitely not a morning person and my face looks so lifeless, until I spray this on. I think it does help to soothe my skin but I haven't seen any reduction on redness. But I will continue to use this spray because it's just a good product to keep on my make-up table and use before and after make-up or just on its own.


I've been a fan of Covergirl's mascaras for a while now after purchasing my first ever mascara from this brand which was the Lash Blast Fusion (in purple tube). But I haven't come across anything that caught my eye from the brand until this mascara was released. I can't say much about this product as I haven't had a chance to open it since I am still using up my Almay Get up&Grow mascara which I love. I'll do a review on it if anyone is interested though!


Lucky last product! It's the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. In all seriousness, I've never been interested in buying foundation from this line; I never read reviews or had any recommendations but when I saw a 2 for $20 sale at Target, me and Nhi Archibald couldn't resist! I picked up the shade in 200 Soft Beige. I tried on various colours but they were either too pink or too dark for my skin tone (I'm an NC30). I can't tell you how much I love the packaging! It's slick, with a glass bottle and cobalt blue cap and pump which is a bonus! I'm excited to see how this foundation applies, I will hopefully do a review on this soon after testing it out. Praying that it doesn't break me out!

And that's about it for my haul! Wow, I rambled on and on but hopefully it was enjoyable to read. I'm really excited to try everything out. Retail shopping is the best!

Until next time, xx
Nina Ngo 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts