Review: Australis Mattifying Face Base

Sunday 11 August 2013

Hey there bloggers! It's been quite awhile since my last post (at least I feel like it has). I purchased the Australis Mattifying Face Base from Priceline about two weeks back which retailed for $13.95 but I got it on sale for $10.95! It is described as a '.. mattifying face base stick that helps to control oil as well as brighten and and adjust skin tone.'

I decided to buy this product because I've read some amazing reviews from other users. It received a 4-5 star rating and once I read that, I jumped on the bandwagon picked one up and better yet, it was on sale. I don't use primer or bases on a daily basis because I actually tend to forget! I currently use MAC's Prep and Prime and I love it. I thought that this 'Matte Out' stick would be an easier alternative to apply primer as it's in a stick form and can be easily brought around with me.

My thoughts:
I am really enjoying this Face Base at the moment. I apply this after my moisturiser around my T-Zone as that's where I get oily most. The texture of this stick feels a little weird when you first apply it to your face but after blending it in, it feels like Benefit's POREfessional which I don't actually have myself  but I've tried. It creates the most flawless canvas to apply foundation or BB Cream on and is a matte finish (of course hehe) I wore this primer for about 6-7 hours and throughout the day, I didn't get oily at all which meant no need to touch up! But by the end of the night, I felt like I did get a little oily around my T-Zone after a total of 8 hours. I can't complain though, for the price it's at the how it holds up, I have to say that I love this product!

Pros:
  • So affordable!
  • Holds up for quite a long time which is good to see.
  • Stick form so that it's easy to throw into your bag when travelling or doing your makeup else where.
  • Is great for people who have oily skin such as myself!
Cons:
  • Small amount of product for the price that it is. My Nivea lip balms are cheaper and have much more product (but that doesn't really annoy me)
That's the end of my review guys! I really hope you enjoyed :)

Please comment down below telling me if you're interested in trying out this Mattifying Primer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts