Monthly Favourites | July and August 2014

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Hi guys, welcome back! Another month and a half (haha) has come and gone and it's time to tell you all what my favourites were for their month of July and August! It's crazy to think it's 2015 in another 4 months .. like what? But anyways, let's stop rambling and jump right into the first favourite of the month. By the way guys, I would love to know your opinions on what posts you would like to see in the future. I feel like I do the same thing over and over again and what scares me is that I don't wanna bore you guys! So let me know in the comments below :)
As it's Winter here in Melbourne, my skin has been a little more dry, typically around my chin area so I need a good moisturiser that will hydrate my skin. I've been relying on The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream to keep the dryness at bay and have been using this during the day and also at night. I like how quickly my skin absorbs and drinks up the product, leaving my face feel fresh and soft. I also keeps my oily/combination skin under control because of its mattifying properties. I would recommend this product to all skin types - I'll be picking up my second tub soon!
I am LOVING the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and have been reaching for it more than my L'Oreal True Match and ya'll know how much I love it. This foundation is the absolute bomb dot com, it has a medium buildable coverage, easily blendable, great shade match, long wearing, doesn't make me oily .. the list goes on. I recommend this foundation for oily/combo skin girls, I wear this foundation for about 8-9 hours and I barely see any shininess around my T-Zone compared to the L'Oreal True Match. The consistency might be a little more thicker but when it's blended in, it feels like you're not even wearing foundation. You can find Bourjois at your local Priceline or online at ASOS which sells it for a little cheaper!
I have been abusing my NYX blush in 'Pinched', it's just a great pinky shade with fine golden shimmer in it and it just adds a perfect amount of glow to the skin, especially during this cold ass season. I love the pigmentation, how easy it is to blend and how affordable it is! It also lasts really well throughout the day, even over BB cream! You can find NYX on Cherry Culture or Beauty Joint but if you live in Aussie, it's available at Target as well :)
I think I'm more of a blush type girl but after purchasing the Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer (the original shade), I've been contouring my face like crazy. Winter time generally makes the complexion a little flat so adding contour, blush and highlight could really change up different features of the face. I'm loving this bronzer because a little goes a long way and it doesn't make my skin look muddy at all. It's easy to blend and although I have the sample size, it comes with a decent amount of product that will last awhile. Will definitely pick up the full size when I finish this one!
I've noticed that I've been including the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light quite often in my makeup routine during the month because it gives that soft, diffused look to the skin whilst highlighting and accentuating the highest points on the face without going overboard like you would with a normal highlighter. It definitely gives the illusion of smaller pores and softer looking skin which I personally like and surely you guys will too if you were to pick one up! Highly recommended.
This isn't a beauty favourite but again, I've been abusing this item for the past month and it's my Samsung NX Mini digital camera which I received for my birthday from my dearest friends. If ya'll ever wondered what I use to take my Instagram photos, it's this baby right here. I am in love with this camera because the image quality is almost at DSLR standard and for it's size, I definitely love the convenience of this camera. The functionality of this camera is straight-foward and easy to use, it comes with a detachable flash but also has an in-built one. And the best part, the screen can flip up so you can take SELFIES! I LOVE IT!

Well that's all my favourites for this month, what are yours? Leave a link to you post below or drop a comment! Like I mentioned earlier, I would love to know what you guys would like to see on my blog! Thank you for reading and until next time, xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts