Monthly Favorites: April

Monday 6 May 2013

Welcome back to my page lovelies, it's been awhile hasn't it? Sorry for my lack of posts, I've been so busy with work and other priorities lately I haven't had time to blog or anything. Since everything is back to normal, I'm going to be doing a favorites post for you guys! Basically it's just my favorite products that I have used for the month of April. Let's get right into it shall we?! (I've missed you guys)

Let's start off with face products. First product is my Face Form Kit from Sleek. It's a trio palette which includes a bronzer, highlight and blush for about $12.50 AUD on their website! You guys .. I have been loving this palette this month.


No. 1: It has amazing pigmentation, No. 2: It is travel friendly and No. 3: It suits my skin tone so well! Oh and it's also really, really affordable! Definitely in my price range.





As you can see from the photo above, the bronzer is all matte, the highlighter has a pink-ish undertone with gold shimmer and the blush is a coral-pink with a lot of gold shimmer. I think this palette is perfect for any event whether it's a birthday or just a night out with your other half or girlfriends. I enjoy it, you will definitely enjoy and I love it. Thanks Sleek!

Another face product is in fact .. another bronzer. It's starting to get seriously chilly in Australia right now and since the sun is barely out, my skin tone is getting lighter by the minute! So I need bronzer in my life to give me that "glow".

It is my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and I can't stress it enough, IT. SMELLS. AMAZING. Please get yo asses to the nearest David Jones and smell it for yourself. It literally smells like cocoa powder. Yum.

First off, the packaging. It's sturdy, durable and travel friendly - meaning it won't break during travel. It has a big mirror on the inside and also the bronzer oh course (duh, I'm so dumb haha). I got my shade in "Milk Chocolate" instead of the normal one because I thought it would be way too dark for my NC30 skin tone. But thinking back, I would prefer the darker one, nonetheless, I love Milk Chocolate. It's buildable and is also matte which is also a plus. I highly recommend this bronzer if you are looking for a high-end one.

Next, the eyes. So in my recent haul, you saw that I bought the Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencil Eyeliners. Well I finally put them to the test to truly see if they're long wearing and waterproof and guess what? They totally are!


They are so worth their price in my opinion (but I'm still glad I got them on sale, haha). I wore the black on my lash line and the nude one on my waterline and I'm telling you guys, they actually stayed on the whole night and barely smudged. Yay I love products that work and stick to what they say.

(Look at the pigmentation of these eyeliners, this is just one swipe and there's so much colour payoff )

New mascara for month is .. the Covergirl Clump Crusher! My favorite mascara of all time is the Almay Getup&Grow but I'm thinking this might become my favorite.


I like the formula but I'm hoping they're gonna release a waterproof version soon because it would be better than the current one! The wand of it also makes application better because it's slightly bent.

The wand is made out of rubber bristles and as far as packaging goes, it looks like their other mascara tubes such as Lash Blast Fusion.

Last but not least, my MAC lipstick in "Lovelorn". I think it's the perfect pink colour and so wearable and matches most outfits. It's a lustre finish meaning no shimmer or frost but isn't matte. It's beautiful, I love all MAC Lipsticks and also their scents.





That's all for now, I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Comment down below what your April favorites are!

Until next time,
Nina Ngo 

5 comments :

  1. Nice haul. You are going to love Lovelorn! It's so pretty...by the way I found you on beautylish and now I am following. Your blog is cute ^_^

    www.satesantiago.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I'm checking out your blog now, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I'm in a Sephora, I ALWAYS make sure I take a whiff of Two Face's Chocolate bronzers! It's sooo expensive though, and that makes me sad.

    Rimmel's Scandaleyes liners are still on my to-buy list--my oily eyelids need to test out their long wearing and waterproof claim!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until umm Black Friday (is that Boxing day in the US?!) Hahahah, my sister bought it for me while she was in America for full price and when it was Black Friday sale, the bronzer was only $10 dollars! Bargain!

      I think the eyeliners are great for the price that they're at, even though they're overpriced in Australia! Hopefully they work well for you girl! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I don't live in the States, but I have Black Friday sales in my area anyways hehe. (Black Friday is in November after Thanksgiving, and Boxing Day is after Christmas) That IS a bargain, considering it's $30-some US dollars for that bronzer! ;-;

      I hope they hold up well on my eyes too! Thanks!

      Delete

Popular Posts