The Lipstick Tag | By Amelia Liana and Essie Button

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Hi guys! Back with another tag post but this time it's all about LIPSTICKS! Now I know there's a lipstick tag floating around the blogosphere already but this one was made by Amelia Liana and Estée from Essie Button so I decided to do it too and try something different. This post might be a little photo heavy so I hope you guys enjoy! Let's get straight into it!

Favourite balm/treatment?
I'm a big lover of lip balm so it was hard for me to narrow it down to just one but I would have to say the Dior Lip Glow is my favourite lip balm because the formula is so perfect for my chapped lips, especially during this cold ass Winter in Melbourne right now. It glides on like butter, super hydrating, leaves a nice glowy tint to the lips as the name says and smells like roses which is one of my favourite scents. If I had to choose one more, I love the Nivea Lip Butters as well, very moisturising, long lasting, affordable and the scents are to die for, especially the Raspberry Rosé one. Highly recommend both lip balms!


Best eye-catching red?

Hmm this is a hard one because I absolutely love red lipstick but I think I would have to go with the Lime Crime Velvetine in 'Red Velvet' which is a beautiful bright red with a blue undertone. I have a full review on this lipstick(?) and it's a definitely an eye catching red. Glides on beautifully, excellent colour payoff, especially with just one swipe and I always receive compliments with this lippy! A lip product I would definitely recommend, as well as all the other shades in this collection. And their only $24!
Best luxury and best drugstore?
For luxury, I would have to go with YSL Volupté Shine in 13 Pink in Paris. Great pinky nude shade, perfect for everyday wear and will suit any makeup look, whether it's natural or more on the smokey side. Whereas for drugstore, I would say the L'Oreal Moisture Matte lipsticks in "Spring Rosette" which is also a gorgeous deep pink shade with a warm undertone. That was really hard to narrow down since I love Rimmel aswell! Both lipsticks glide on easily, are quite forgiving for those with drier lips, large selection of shades an are available in different finishes!
Best MAC lipstick?
Oooh, definitely going with 'See Sheer' which is again another pink-nude kind of shade and really compliments any makeup look. When in doubt, I always pick up this lipstick then throw it into my bag. Great pigmentation, smells divine (like all their other lipsticks) and has a really nice finish. Definitely something you should look the next time you visit a MAC counter :)
The most disappointing?
I think I would have to say the Savvy Matte Lip Lacquers that came out not too long ago. It's an Australian brand and I've heard so many great reviews on this particular item and so I ventured out and bought two shades, one which is a purpleish kind of colour and the other was a fuchsia pink and at first application, it just looked patchy - a look that I was definitely not going for. It put me off trying them again but just for kicks, I might try it again.  
Liner - yes or no?
I'm typically not a liner type of gal but I do use to occasionally when I decide to wear a red lip. I just tend to forget to apply liner before lipstick because it's not a part of my makeup routine but when I do remember it, I like the effect and finish it gives.
Best gloss?
I'm not really a gloss kinda girl either! Haha, I think with past experiences of sticky glosses and having my hair caught in my lips, it just put me off purchasing any glosses. But if I really had to, I would choose the NYX Soft Matte Cream glosses because they're matte, have great consistency, good colour payoff and also a large variety of shades to pick from so basically there's something for everyone. Oh and did I mention they're inexpensive too?
Something extra!
Big shoutout to my Rimmel lipstick collection, I definitely love their formula and colour selection especially from their Kate Moss range. I love the matte and cream finishes, the sleek packaging and how affordable they are. They get even cheaper when Chemist Warehouse and Priceline decide to have them for half price! Definitely lipsticks you should look into because they're one of my favourite drugstore lippies! I'll show you my favourites below!

I hope you guys enjoyed the tag! I tag all of you guys to do it as well! Talk to you in my next post :)

2 comments :

Popular Posts